Phi Lambda Alpha

Flacrest.png
fla_bolivar_plaque.jpg

From Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities 10th Edition (1923)

PHI LAMBDA ALPHA - This fraternity was established in the year 1898 at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy N.Y., as a club under the name Union Hispano Americana. In 1921 it was changed to a Greek Letter fraternity with three chapters: 

Chapter roll:

  • Alpha at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
  • Beta at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • Gamma at the University of California

The members are all chosen from Latin American students.